SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 S60 w/55k miles.

I've had this vibration, which I thought was tires/alignment/brakes.
I had all 4 tires replaced, an alignment done (it did need it in the front, as tires were worn on the inner side pretty bad) and also the rotors turned and the front pads replaced.

The alignment helped and the brake work eliminated any brake shuddering I had when I would press the brakes...

But this vibration is still there. I can't put my finger on it. Sometimes it'll make the steering wheel shake, sometimes not. The car drives straight as an arrow now.
There are definite crap roads around here (Phoenix, AZ) and there is a difference, it seems, depending on the road I am on.
BUT... no matter what road I am on, there is always, at least, a subtle vibration/shake that you can feel in the gas pedal, even in the seat.

I did notice the other day, if I am going 40-50 mph and I step on the gas, there is a slight hesitation...? It isn't like a out of gas BAD hesitation, but you can feel it. The car does proceed to accelerate.
When I do this, the subtle vibration seems to get a little worse.

Could this be an engine, fuel, plugs, coil issue? Could that be what's even causing the subtle constant vibration?

I'm truly lost here. I'll probably be taking it to the dealer for my next step, but I wanted to know if anyone has had similar symptoms??

I read about older P2 S60 T5s having plugs replaced and there being bad coil needing to be replaced and it making a huge difference. But I'm only at 55k miles and I haven't been able to find much for the P3 S60s with that common issue.

Any ideas would be awesome!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry! I was not getting notifications to my own thread that people had replied.

It's the 2.5 T5 FWD.

The car only has 55k miles, but is an Arizona car, so rubber could have aged more quickly??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also while searching the forums, I want to point out, for the vibration issue, it is smooth as butter while idling.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts