SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips on how to replace the fan blower resistor?

My fan was continuously on so I pulled the fuse in the engine compartment so I could continue driving the car. Getting to the fuse was almost as bad as getting to this resistor.

I am using the maintenance manual and I am trying to get it from the driver side floor board. I just can't get my hand in far enough to turn it out. My hand is too big, and I am not a big guy.

Any tips? How does the dealer do this?

I have searched and all I can find are videos and instructions on the previous models from 2004-2011, which is a completely different place on the car.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It's not really a resistor but rather a control module. Probably using pulse width modulation to control fan speed. Can you still adjust the blower speed or is it on one speed all the time? The problem could also be the CCM. You should be able to see the PWM signal varying in voltage on a multimeter or see pulse widths on an oscilloscope. It's the Violet/Black wire on the control module. If you see pulse widths here it's probably the blower control module if not the problem is in the CCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts