SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

Looking for a set of winter wheels and found some 17" stock Ford Focus rims. Are they are a direct fit for my C30? Here's a pic for reference:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I believe a few people here have used them, and they work fine.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, a quick search reveals a hub bore of 64.3 mm which is what we use. I know others run the 18" ST rims, but wanted to double check the 2013 year as you never know when companies change things up!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i dont think things changed with those. logan-- those are gunna look awesome on your c30 :) :)
Im pretty sure the hub bore is actually 63.3(on the focus). not 63.4
but dont worry, i dont think it'd require anything, just maybe a bit extra muscle to put on.
1/10th of a milimeter...
i think the guy with st wheels here is " onezero " and you could ask him directly how it fit.. but i know ive seen them on a few different cars here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ford wheels fit directly on our platform. I have Mondeo MK3 wheels mounted on my V50 :)
Hub bore is the same, as it is the same chassis :), underneath we have a FoMoCo car :D (Ford Motor Company)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ford wheels fit directly on our platform. I have Mondeo MK3 wheels mounted on my V50 :)
Hub bore is the same, as it is the same chassis :), underneath we have a FoMoCo car :D (Ford Motor Company)
i would like to see your mondeo wheels.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ ahh i remember these now-- very nice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
2015 Ford Focus Wheels & Tires on C30

I found a guy selling a set of 4 Ford Focus wheels with tires (less than 2,000 miles on them) for cheap. He switched out the factory Ford wheels for aftermarket.
Everything I've found says that the Ford wheels are very close to same dimensions of the original Volvo C30 wheel specs. I think they will fit fine, but will it drive fine?

Tires & Wheel Specs For Volvo C30 vs. Ford Fusion:
• 2009 Volvo C30: 205/50ZR17 93W 7Jx17 ET52.5 5x108
• 2015 Ford Fusion: 235/50R17 96H 7.5Jx17 ET55 5x108

He is selling with Michelin 235/50/R17 tires stalled.
I would normally put 205/50Z/R17 on my factory Volvo "Mestra" alloy wheels.
I understand the offset is is slightly different (52.5 to 55) and the tires are slightly wider by half an inch (235 instead of 205).

Does anyone see these slight differences causing me problems if I buy and instal on my 2009 C30?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
End result is 15MM less clearance to the top of the fender, 17.5MM less clearance on the inside to the suspension and 12.5MM more tire towards the outside of the car. You'll likely need to measure your clearances at rest (lock to lock) and with the suspension compressed (lock to lock) to be sure that setup will clear. Unless someone else is running the same?

Recommend also asking the C30 section though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for the reply and info. Just getting some feedback and advice is very helpful when venturing into unfamiliar territory.
I posted in the C30 section as well, but not a single reply. Once I get the wheels on I'll report back on how they fit. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
C30 with Fusion wheels

I had good success with the Fusion (not Focus as I typed before) wheels. I used the same hub cover, but had some aluminum Volvo covers made to adhere over the old Ford logo. Everything appears to be good. They are larger than the stock Volvo wheels and tires but it softened up the drive so I was happy. The car has a stiff ride already, and the Kansas City roads on the Missouri side of the state line are not the smoothest, so a softer ride was a nice result.

I have the car listed for sale now. Sad, as it's been my favorite car to drive and look at over my 27 years of driving. Have other priorities though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts