SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
We had a big rainstorm here a few days ago, and I just noticed today that both of the front carpets are damp. When I had my '03 XC70, I had a similar problem that turned out to be plugged drain tubes in the A pillars. I looked for drain tubes in the '12 and cannot seem to find any.

The ceiling is dry, so I am not even sure that it is the sunroof.

Does anyone have any experience with such?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Definitely the sunroof. Just went through a car wash to verify. Water is coming in around the sunroof (which I think is normal) and seeping out from my cabin light next to the sunroof control.

Any ideas on how to fix are welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the drain tubes! They appeared to be unclogged, but the cloth/mesh windbreaker thing was very dirty, so I cleaned it real well with a wet paper towel. I think the water is supposed to pass through that thin cloth/mesh, but could not due to it being so full of mud.
I ran some clean water through the tubes and then again through the cloth/mesh while holding it down as if the sunroof were closed. It seemed to work fine. I'll keep an eye on it for the next carwash/rainstorm.

One last thing, are there drain tubes in the rear of the sunroof as well, or just the two front ones?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just cleaned the mesh and can confirm, only two front tubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts