SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 3.2 AWD (NOT a T6) and it has dual exhaust tips, and same rear bumper as a T6. Is this an option?

Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not as far as I can tell. I believe all 3.2 came with hidden exhaust and no bumper cutouts. It's possible the previous owner "upgraded" to T6 parts. You may want to check carefully for signs of previous crash damage. Personally, I prefer the cleaner looking 3.2 rear end.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've seen plenty of 3.2s with visible dual tips and bumper cutouts. The tips just aren't chrome.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I've seen plenty of 3.2s with visible dual tips and bumper cutouts. The tips just aren't chrome.
I've never seen bumper cutouts without the chrome tips. Though I think it's a model year thing whether or not they have the bumper cutouts. I believe early ones didn't while later ones got them. I think early D4/D5 didn't get them either while today even smaller engines get them for the looks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
bad as in badass or just plan bad? i have not seen them set up like that

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Not as far as I can tell. I believe all 3.2 came with hidden exhaust and no bumper cutouts. It's possible the previous owner "upgraded" to T6 parts. You may want to check carefully for signs of previous crash damage. Personally, I prefer the cleaner looking 3.2 rear end.
I'm guessing wrong bumper ordered by a body shop.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I may have jumped the gun when I said I see "a lot" of 3.2s with exhaust cutouts. I've been paying closer attention since this thread started, and it's not that common. So I would agree with the "wrong bumper ordered" scenario.

My most humblest of Volvo apologies. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts