SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Swedespeed!

What a great site. I am in the Market for a:

2012 XC-60 t-6 R w/ Metalic paint MSRP for the vehicle I am looking for tends to come in at

$51,275usd
package includes
Platinum
Bliss

I live in AZ no local vehicles match color/ interior I was looking for, so I will have to go somewhere else to pick it up; adds to cost.
Just wondering. What would be the best price you think I could pick one of these bad boys up for?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would think that for 12 MY you should start at invoice or lower, much lower. My dealer offered $500 off invoice for 13MY only because $1000 off promotion was available in June, and i placed an order last week. truecar.com offers a good guideline of what people are actually paying for cars in your area.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Hello Swedespeed!

What a great site. I am in the Market for a:

2012 XC-60 t-6 R-Design w/ Metalic paint MSRP for the vehicle I am looking for tends to come in at

$51,275usd
package includes
Platinum
Bliss

I live in AZ no local vehicles match color/ interior I was looking for, so I will have to go somewhere else to pick it up; adds to cost.
Just wondering. What would be the best price you think I could pick one of these bad boys up for?

Thanks for your help!
Fixed it for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info on the 13. I have made an offer of 4k under invoice and the dealers have laughed me off. I wonder if they are not taking me seriously because I am out of town.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking at truecar.com, in my area, about half of the people paid between invoice and "dealer cost". According to the site, there is about $1500 difference between cost and invoice. Granted there are other incentives that are paid to dealer by Volvo, I doubt you will be able to get close to $4k under invoice. I am sure you can find a dealer that will agree to something in between.

·
Registered
837 Posts
$46K

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks for the info on the 13. I have made an offer of 4k under invoice and the dealers have laughed me off. I wonder if they are not taking me seriously because I am out of town.
I would too! Doesn't matter if you lived across the street, $4k below invoice, the dealer loses money. Not sure but last time I checked, a dealership does have to make a profit somehow? Just sayin' :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Of course they would.
Do you know what INVOICE is, (it seems most of you don't know the correct term) it's what the dealers pay (gross).
MSRP is the RETAIL cost of the car and if you offered 4K under MSRP RETAIL that's not too far off, there's about a 10% (dealer profit) in a Volvo not including the holdback.

Problem is that Volvo retail is not as much over invoice as one may think, many manufacturers are 15-17%

They also get a 3% holdback so if you can make a deal at true DEALER INVOICE or anywhere from $100-$300 OVER invoice, that's fair.
Also depends on the model, a loaded T6 or an R design is selling well so there's not a ton of incentive for them to give it away.

I buy my Volvos at INVOICE, they get their 3% and another sale goes on their books.
I can also buy any new Volvo at invoice (for a customer), so if you want to travel to the Philadelphia PA area, drive it back and see the country... I can hook you up.
My dealer is large so they have a large inventory

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Unrealistic.

T6's and R-Designs are selling well. It's the stripped down 3.2's and the odd FWD's that they're dealing on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Our 2012 R design was sold at invoice, minus $2k in rebates so that made it about ~$4k under MSRP. Then Volvo makes the first 4 monthly payments up to $450 each for an additional $1850 in savings.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what prompted this email from Volvo, but they are offering an additional $1000 off on a '12 XC 60 or S60. It's a non-transferable offer, so you might do what you can to let Uncle Volvo know you're looking. I filled out a 'sell us your Volvo' form and submitted it to our dealer and have visited numerous Volvo sites online...not sure how they got wind of my interest, but here's part of the email:

Because you’ve shown an interest in Volvo cars, we’re inviting you to shop the Volvo Summer Sales Event this weekend and enjoy an exclusive offer, only available July 27-31, 2012. Buy or lease any new 2012 Volvo and take an additional $1,000 off, drive payment-free for four months and receive up to 5 years of complimentary scheduled maintenance and wear and tear coverage.

It sounds like real money on a purchase but the wording on the lease sounds like the Loyalty $1000 is built in to the advertised monthly payment:
The finer print:
†Lease payment per month assumes application of $1,000 Loyalty Bonus. Loyalty Bonus is $1,000 toward a purchase or lease. Customer eligibility requirements must be met for Loyalty Bonus offer. *Special one-time, non-transferable limited time offer available on any MY12 Volvo to the recipient and members of their respective household

This 'extra' $1000 is supposed to be in addition to the Loyalty Bonus. I've just about decided to stick with our '10 for another year, especially since I can't seem to track down a white, T6 non-R, Platinum '12 in central Texas. I'm thinking another year on our T6 won't be SO bad ;) ....but it sure was interesting how Volvo knew what I was thinking !!! :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Yes, this was a select offer to a select group of people...$1,000 IN ADDITION to all the other incentives currently in place.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yes, this was a select offer to a select group of people...$1,000 IN ADDITION to all the other incentives currently in place.
Heck, they know my birthday is Aug. 2nd...perhaps they should extend the extension for a couple of days. My Darling keeps asking what I want for my birthday ;) .

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Heck, they know my birthday is Aug. 2nd...perhaps they should extend the extension for a couple of days. My Darling keeps asking what I want for my birthday ;) .
Simple. Sign up by July 31, make sure they report the car sold with a sale date of July 31 and you pick up on August 2... :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
New Wheels?

Simple. Sign up by July 31, make sure they report the car sold with a sale date of July 31 and you pick up on August 2... :p
GV: when did you get the XC60? Weren't you driving an XC70? Terra Bronze?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Well, it does get more interesting now that we know the C70 should be back in our hands by the end of next week. The thought of replacing IT and getting a new XC60 was a bit overwhelming(although I enjoy a new car as much as the next guy ;) ). Looks like a quick 4-5 grand on the C70 and she should be good as new.

IF we could scare up the XC model/color/pkg combo we're looking for, that birthday present could happen after all. Otherwise, we may stick to our original plan of a little OSD trip late NEXT summer to celebrate my 'zero' birthday with a new ride!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
GV: when did you get the XC60? Weren't you driving an XC70? Terra Bronze?
Good memory. I turned in the XC70 T6 in early June after we used it during our move from Chicago to Southern California. The XC70 performed admirably, loaded with the 4 of us, a large cargo carrier loaded to the gills plus our German Shepherd in the cargo area!

I have had the XC60 since early June and it already has 5,100 miles so I have another 1.5 to 2 months with it. I love it's handling plus performance but the XC70's seats were the best of ANY Volvo I have ever driven and I have driven countless. That car is definitely missed.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts