SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Had my XC60 almost 12 months now as its second owner and love it - although it's had a few issues.
(Failed fuel pressure sensor, 2 batteries, A/C Compressor and brake vacuum pump)
But I still love it.

I have a question about the brakes though I'm hoping someone with a T6 can confirm is normal please?
I've had this to the dealership a few times and now had an independent workshop tell me it's normal and ok - but need another owner to verify before I'm happy.

With the car running, if you quickly (very quickly) pump the brakes with the car at rest, you lose the vacuum in the pedal and it go hard and the pedal has no 'power' to apply the brakes properly?

I've actually tried this out down a large hill, gone down at speed, then hot the brakes on/off/on/off multiple times very quickly and the vacuum gets used up and and you are left with a heavy brake pedal to use with no vacuum assist.
I have to admit, to bring this on you have to pump it quickly (I mean very quickly on and off) , but it worries me that it is considered normal.

Can anyone confirm theirs is the same, I'm told it a T6 thing.

I'd love some feedback on this.
I also have another brake question in regard to a 'backup vacuum pump' I will ask in another thread.

Cheers
James
Australia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so apparently this is 'normal'.
Not being a Volvo driver I have never experienced this before in any of my other cars.
Typically I have found that no matter how fast I pump the brake pedal the vacuum normally remains (with the engine running).
It seems the XC60 T6 is 'slow' to replenish the vacuum in this circumstance - bust now considered normal by two Volvo mechanics.
I've also had it looked at by an independent brake firm and they said it was typical too.

Oh well - at least I dont have to worry about brake failure anymore!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts