SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2012 Volvo XC60 with 100,000 miles and intermittent air conditioner trouble. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the condition described below.

Problem: The air conditioner goes on and off at unpredictable times. This can last for an hour or more at a time.

Current Repair Attempts: (1) Add Refrigerant, clean dust and debris from sensor under dashboard. This was not successful. (2) Mechanic notes on second attempt - Found system low on refrigerant again, no visible sign of a leak in system. Discharge and evacuate system to determine how low. Induce system into a vacuum to remove any moisture from system and recharge system with spec. Charge of refrigerant, added leak check dye to system to aid in locating system leak. Road test to verify proper operation. Recommend returning in a week or 2 to recheck for leaks.

I am currently in the 2 week wait period, and would welcome input from anyone who has experience with the XC60 air conditioner system.

Thank you!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The A/C compressor on my XC60 was replaced by Volvo for free at 70,000 miles because the compressor was so badly damaged internally the pulley was about to fall off! I’m now at 141k miles and have no issues with it anymore. Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. I’m sure your mechanic will be able to find the leak now that there is dye in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The A/C compressor on my XC60 was replaced by Volvo for free at 70,000 miles because the compressor was so badly damaged internally the pulley was about to fall off! I’m now at 141k miles and have no issues with it anymore. Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. I’m sure your mechanic will be able to find the leak now that there is dye in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts