SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2012 XC-70 T6 with premium package that included the Power Operated Tailgate option. Question...does anyone know if the tailgate will open when the car is in drive? Also, has a near miss with the garage door in accidently pushing the tailgate release button on the key fob with the garage door down...caught the tailgate just in time to avoid banging into the closed garage door. From reading the owner’s manual...don't believe that one can turn off the power feature...only option may be to remove the fuse located in the rear area that powers the tailgate. Is this a viable option...or will I receive warning lights stating that the power tailgate is not functioning? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Powered tailgate will certainly open if gear selector in D position and car stationary. Haven't tried with car on the move though... :eek:

I don't believe there's a way to disable the power gate operation other than removing the fuse, if in fact there's a single fuse for this. Try it and post back please.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On a related note: We have an SUV with power tailgate and I wrapped the metal bracket on her garage door with some grey pipe insulation; to minimize impact and hopefully avoid damage, should the vehicle not be pulled forward enough when the trunk is opened from inside the car.

Not the most elegant, but functional enough I hope to prevent a scrape or gouge. I caught my wife one time opening the trunk from inside the vehicle (for me to help with groceries) after just having pulled into her garage spot and closing the garage door. Lucky I was there because the trunk lid would have had a bad hit with that slanted bracket. To my surprise I really had to grab & hold the lid to prevent the trunk lid from opening further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts