SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Recently purchased 2012 XC60 T6. A few weeks ago, "reduced engine performance" message arrived on dash, followed shortly by all lights being lit up. This happened when traveling approx 35-40mph about 10 minutes into the commute. I had vehicle towed to local independent on a Sunday. Monday it was scanned, showing multiple codes. Codes were cleared out. Vehicle still wouldn't start. On Tuesday, vehicle was attempted to start again, plume of black smoke out of exhaust, and started fine, I took the vehicle to Volvo dealer, they could not find any issues as the independent cleared any codes, drove ok for another 3,000 miles. Well today it happened all over again. "reduced engine performance" light came on, as well as CEL. I was able to drive under reduced performance, then it would would shut off, it would drive normal, then REP message would come back on, it went back and forth like this for me to limp it home about 7 miles. Upon attempt to restart after disconnecting battery and letting sit a few hours, the attached video is what happens. Anyone have any clue? I would like to get it fixed but don't want to start throwing thousands of dollars at it. I've been researching for weeks but can't find anything specific to an XC60 T6. Is it MAF, ECM, ETC, all of the above?

Link to Google drive video of starting attempt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10pTfhFuMwdZS50jPLN3eXLtqz7BCGOl6/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,
Recently purchased 2012 XC60 T6. A few weeks ago, "reduced engine performance" message arrived on dash, followed shortly by all lights being lit up. This happened when traveling approx 35-40mph about 10 minutes into the commute. I had vehicle towed to local independent on a Sunday. Monday it was scanned, showing multiple codes. Codes were cleared out. Vehicle still wouldn't start. On Tuesday, vehicle was attempted to start again, plume of black smoke out of exhaust, and started fine, I took the vehicle to Volvo dealer, they could not find any issues as the independent cleared any codes, drove ok for another 3,000 miles. Well today it happened all over again. "reduced engine performance" light came on, as well as CEL. I was able to drive under reduced performance, then it would would shut off, it would drive normal, then REP message would come back on, it went back and forth like this for me to limp it home about 7 miles. Upon attempt to restart after disconnecting battery and letting sit a few hours, the attached video is what happens. Anyone have any clue? I would like to get it fixed but don't want to start throwing thousands of dollars at it. I've been researching for weeks but can't find anything specific to an XC60 T6. Is it MAF, ECM, ETC, all of the above?

Link to Google drive video of starting attempt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10pTfhFuMwdZS50jPLN3eXLtqz7BCGOl6/view?usp=drivesdk

Update,
On a flatbed to Volvo dealer this morning. Will post any updates in the event someone comes across this frustrating experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts