SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Volvo S60 2012 year model and the door right behind the passenger side just won't lock. It will unlock with key fob but it won't lock (I have to manually lock it). I know it is easy to take off the door panel, does anyone have a wire diagram of where the power motor would be located? I am probably going to replace it myself.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The power motor is inside the actuator itself.
I'm not sure if you can get to it and replace it. I replaced this same actuator a few months ago.
I tried to disassemble the old one to see inner workings and the motor. Maybe I was impatient and did not really care but I had to destroy the thing to get to the motor (which I did).
Again, maybe someone here can tell you how to disassemble it to get to the motor.
Check out this Youtube video on how to replace the actuator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF-hEtXIT7k

Note: read the extra pointers relative to the rear door in the second reply to my comment on the video.

-Marwan

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I had this issue a few months ago, solved it at least so far by squirting copious quantities of WD-40 in to the lock mechanism

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I had this issue a few months ago, solved it at least so far by squirting copious quantities of WD-40 in to the lock mechanism
Actually that is a good suggestion.
In the process of putting in the new actuator, I put the old one back in and it worked fine for a dozen or so cycles so I'd say it is definitely worth a shot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I did that and it seems to work now. I will report back in a few days to see if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The power motor is inside the actuator itself.
I'm not sure if you can get to it and replace it. I replaced this same actuator a few months ago.
I tried to disassemble the old one to see inner workings and the motor. Maybe I was impatient and did not really care but I had to destroy the thing to get to the motor (which I did).
Again, maybe someone here can tell you how to disassemble it to get to the motor.
Check out this Youtube video on how to replace the actuator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF-hEtXIT7k

Note: read the extra pointers relative to the rear door in the second reply to my comment on the video.

-Marwan
Yeah if the WD-40 doesn't work, I will just get a new actuator assembly for my Volvo. But hopefully this works so I don't have to do all those steps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts