SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is a desperation "hail Mary" on my part but my XC70 will not start. We're in NYC, and tried to jump the car numerous times. Volvo roadside assistance told me that it would be one day until they could tow it for me to the closest dealer, about 4 blocks away. So I arranged my own tow to manhattan Volvo. If anyone has any pull there I'd be so very appreciative. We are trying to get back to Northern Virginia but are stranded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
sorry to hear....unfortunately I don't have much to offer but good luck with your "adventure". As a last ditch attempt, have you tried disconnecting the battery for a little while and then re-trying. A reset sometimes does wonders for modern cars.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a nightmare. We had our car in a Manhattan parking garage for three days. When I arrived to pick up the car it was completely dead. I called Volvo Roadside Assistance and the guy they sent could not jump-start the car. In fact, we think he improperly jump started the car. I had the car towed to Manhattan Volvo at my own expense - Roadside Assistance said they could not send anyone for at least 1-full day. At the shop, they feared the improper jump fried the car's onboard computer and it could be up to a week until my car was properly repaired. Luckily, they found that the "master fuse" did its job and saved the car. They replaced the fuse, checked the wires and modules, and replaced the battery. The car is working and we drove home late last night. There was a charge of $167 that was not covered by the warranty (although the dealership said I should contact Volvo Roadside Assistance for reimbursement).

I have to say I was pretty impressed with the dealership on 11th Ave. They saw my car right away and my service provider "Kathy" was fantastic. At first we thought it was going to be in the shop are several days so I was overjoyed we she called to tell me I could pick it up.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Nice to hear good things.........thanks for sharing!!!

·
6,436 Posts
yea I like that dealership

I always flirt with the Parts lady (she's in late 40's or early 50's hehe) and she gives me discounts on parts!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
What a nightmare. We had our car in a Manhattan parking garage for three days. When I arrived to pick up the car it was completely dead. I called Volvo Roadside Assistance and the guy they sent could not jump-start the car. In fact, we think he improperly jump started the car. I had the car towed to Manhattan Volvo at my own expense - Roadside Assistance said they could not send anyone for at least 1-full day. At the shop, they feared the improper jump fried the car's onboard computer and it could be up to a week until my car was properly repaired. Luckily, they found that the "master fuse" did its job and saved the car. They replaced the fuse, checked the wires and modules, and replaced the battery. The car is working and we drove home late last night. There was a charge of $167 that was not covered by the warranty (although the dealership said I should contact Volvo Roadside Assistance for reimbursement).

I have to say I was pretty impressed with the dealership on 11th Ave. They saw my car right away and my service provider "Kathy" was fantastic. At first we thought it was going to be in the shop are several days so I was overjoyed we she called to tell me I could pick it up.
Glad it worked out. That store got hit pretty hard, from Sandy; first floor got flooded and they lost some cars, as well.

·
3,391 Posts
I think Volvo's dealer network in the USA is actually very good. I don't think I've ever had a negative experience at a Volvo dealership. I love my local dealer (Champion Volvo of Erie).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts