SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's XC60 has been getting worse over the past couple of weeks to a point where I need to address this. I put it on the lift and had her start it so I could identify the location and it's coming from somewhere under the heat shield, but things are so tight in there. I looked at VIDA/AllData for removal of the components and they make it look all too easy. Unfortunately, I don't see a great way to get in there to even remove the bolts to the heat shield, let alone tighten whatever is leaking. God forbid I need to replace a gasket up in there. I hope one of you has some insight on this, because short of dropping the subframe/engine, I don't really see how this is possible.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wife's XC60 has been getting worse over the past couple of weeks to a point where I need to address this. I put it on the lift and had her start it so I could identify the location and it's coming from somewhere under the heat shield, but things are so tight in there. I looked at VIDA/AllData for removal of the components and they make it look all too easy. Unfortunately, I don't see a great way to get in there to even remove the bolts to the heat shield, let alone tighten whatever is leaking. God forbid I need to replace a gasket up in there. I hope one of you has some insight on this, because short of dropping the subframe/engine, I don't really see how this is possible.
I assume when you say "under the heat shield" you are referring to turbo downpipe. It is my understand that if you remove the battery and all plastic shrouding, you can gain access to the turbo and downpipe.

I know several people over on the v/S60 page have changed downpipes this way, so i'm sure the XC60 isnt much different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume when you say "under the heat shield" you are referring to turbo downpipe. It is my understand that if you remove the battery and all plastic shrouding, you can gain access to the turbo and downpipe.

I know several people over on the v/S60 page have changed downpipes this way, so i'm sure the XC60 isnt much different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Cannot tell whether it's coming from turbo flange or from manifold itself. Since I can't remove the heat shield(s), I can't get my "man" hands up in there.
If it's really as easy as removing the upper plastics, battery, etc., then I'd much prefer that route, but it didn't look that easy. Hopefully someone else can verify!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts