SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the car in for its 45,000 mile covered service call. No issues to report on car. The Michline Primacy MXM tires still have 5/32 tread all around. Not bad, only rotated them twice. Still should hold out for next Spring. Overall the car is performing very solid. No rattles or squeeks to disturb the ride. The tranny and gear shifts all seem to happen in good timing, even the prior hard downshift when in Sport mode has disappeared. Brakes and rotors are still in good shape. All the trim and leather is wearing fine. Only trim issue is my wedding ring making a couple a small scratches on drivers door silver trim.

I took a 2013 T5 (FWD) as a loaner while they did the service. The new gearshift looks better in person than in pictures, tho I am still not a huge fan of the illuminated gear indicators under the clear plastic. But I do like the leather around the gear shift knob that give it that MT look. Also like how they switched directions for the manual gear change/sport mode. Having that to the left and the whole knob angled slightly to the left does make ergonomic sense and could be much more comfortable for people who do a whole lot of manual shifting. Also the steering wheel. . .it feels different than the 2012 T5, more granulated and plastic feeling. But that could just be a case of 1.5 years of driving smoothing the grip on mine.

It seemed, superficially, that my 2012 T5 had slightly quicker accleration and engine responsiveness than did the loaner car. But that could be the case of the loaner car only having around 600 miles on it, and the transmission adjusted for my driving style.

Still I was pleased that my car at 45,000 still feels just as taught, composed, solid and steady on the road as did the newer 2013 model.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
That's a great report. Mine has been rock solid as well but only 14k on it at this point.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It seemed, superficially, that my 2012 T5 had slightly quicker accleration and engine responsiveness than did the loaner car. But that could be the case of the loaner car only having around 600 miles on it, and the transmission adjusted for my driving style.
By all accounts, the 2013 is supposed to be faster.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I think you're right! I too felt that my 2012 T5 loaner was a bit more sluggish than mine. I'll bet it's the transmission learned shift points.

I'm at 21,000 and could not be happier. Only dealer visits are scheduled maintenance. She's as solid as day one. No rattles, buzzes or groans. To date the most trouble free new car that I've ever purchased and a very welcome change from my previous VW :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts