SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to give my 2012 S60R a tune up and haven't been able to find or see information on a good set of spark plugs or spark plug wires, anyone have any insight? Any other items you think I should include in a a quick and dirty tune up? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
105 Posts
I did my spark plugs at 60,000 miles. Going by information I collected from several places, thought it was best to stick with OEM plugs. I know IPD's website has them for close to $80 for the 6 plugs. You may or may not need to change out your coil packs. When I inspected mine they still looked brand new. I figure I'll get to them next time. They will run you around $65 a piece. I know IPD also carries those as well as few others (FCP Euro has them too I believe).

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
OEM plugs all the way.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
+1 OEM.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
OEM. Several members have bought other brands and had check engine lights and misfires, which went away with OEM plugs. There are no spark plug wires on these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Used to playing around with this type of stuff on Buick Grand National so trying to play catch-up with 25 years of technology

1 - 7 of 7 Posts