SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the wheels i currently have on my 2005 R, mainly due to the awful condition they are in. They look good from a distance but are awful up close. In my area someone posted on craigslist a set of stock wheels from his 2012 S60 in great condition. They are 17xidk and I'm also unaware of the offset. He is asking 650 but I talked him down to $550. Will these fit over our calipers? What is your opinion on 17s on the R? Too small? Should I buy them and paint them? Let me know what yal think please!

Here is the ad:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/3372417669.html

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
They look nice but i dont know their offset, definitely a big deal considering our brakes. Personally I wouldn't go lower than 18s.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
2012 s60 has a different hub size, so you would have to either bore out the wheels to match the hubs on the R or use hub adapter spacers.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Those wheels are called balder and I have them on my T5. I don't think they'd fit over the R's brakes but that's just a guess. Also, the hub size is different, like soupandspoons indicated.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Personally I'd go with a new set of Pegs, IIRC you can get new 17X8's from Boston Volvo for $150-200 each depending on if they are running a sale. I did this and couldn't be happier for the price.

But if you really like these, first I'd find out if the bore is the same or larger. If its smaller you could make them work by boring the wheel or maybe even getting some custom spacers machined up but I don't think they're worth that much trouble & cost. Anyways, if the bore is the same or larger, and if they're nearby I'd just drive out there, & see if they'll actually fit on your car--jack up the front and swap a wheel.

·
Registered
236 Posts
won't fit, the center of the wheel is too small

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I don't like the wheels i currently have on my 2005 R, mainly due to the awful condition they are in. They look good from a distance but are awful up close. In my area someone posted on craigslist a set of stock wheels from his 2012 S60 in great condition. They are 17xidk and I'm also unaware of the offset. He is asking 650 but I talked him down to $550. Will these fit over our calipers? What is your opinion on 17s on the R? Too small? Should I buy them and paint them? Let me know what yal think please!

Here is the ad:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/3372417669.html
Not enough space for your brake calipers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Custom spacers/hub adapters run up to a few hundred bucks, I considered putting my old pegs on my VW but the cost was equal to a set of Sparco's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts