SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have 44k on my T6, which we bought new in 2012. The dealer serviced the car under up to 30K, which was included as part of Volvo's then free Safe and Secure program. I was always "ahead" of the service schedule in terms of mileage so only had serviced things based on age. Aside from a few recalls and a door lock issue, it's been a reliable car on those rare occasions when we fire it up.

Anyway, now that the "how to'" videos have caught up with the model year, I'm planning to swap all of the fluids as a preventative measure. I even have Vida up and running and am waiting for a Dice unit.

I've been able to find everything I need from FCP save the angle gear oil.

I haven't had much luck elsewhere, either.

I can find oil up to, say 2010 and after 2014 but there seems to be a void for my model year.

What's unique about the 2012? What's the Volvo part number for the oil?

I'm also replacing the air filter. At this point in time, there's nothing else indicated in the owner's manual. Is there something else I should look while I'm at it?

Danka.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I only have 44k on my T6, which we bought new in 2012. The dealer serviced the car under up to 30K, which was included as part of Volvo's then free Safe and Secure program. I was always "ahead" of the service schedule in terms of mileage so only had serviced things based on age. Aside from a few recalls and a door lock issue, it's been a reliable car on those rare occasions when we fire it up.

Anyway, now that the "how to'" videos have caught up with the model year, I'm planning to swap all of the fluids as a preventative measure. I even have Vida up and running and am waiting for a Dice unit.

I've been able to find everything I need from FCP save the angle gear oil.

I haven't had much luck elsewhere, either.

I can find oil up to, say 2010 and after 2014 but there seems to be a void for my model year.

What's unique about the 2012? What's the Volvo part number for the oil?

I'm also replacing the air filter. At this point in time, there's nothing else indicated in the owner's manual. Is there something else I should look while I'm at it?

Danka.
Nothing special about it. Use 75w-90 synthetic. Redline is a good oil, but any synthetic will suffice. Haldex oil and transmission fluid on the other hand, I would suggest OEM fluid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Like emgrock1 said.
It's written 75W-90 right on the Volvo bottle. PNs 31367237, 31259380.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like emgrock1 said.
It's written 75W-90 right on the Volvo bottle. PNs 31367237, 31259380.
Ye-haw!

Water Joint Fluid Lubricant Hand

Lookie what I found on my shelf-o-junk!

I remember now that I had ordered rear and front "differential" fluid a few years ago. Local shop did the rear, but threw their hands up and opted not to touch the front "differential".

At the time there was no Youtube "how to" so I filed it away.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts