SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a problem of gradually increasing incidence. It has been intermittent....... My wife pushes the start button, nothing happens. I get in the car with my key and it starts fine. Two days later same problem , but my key doesn't work this time. I put the key into the slot, it starts.

We took it to the shop, they reprogrammed software for both keys, told us it was fixed. Drove down to the shop tonight, grabbed keys from last salesman out the door"........ And it won't start. The salesman witnessed it.

Anyone heard of such a thing? Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
695 Posts
My PCC sometimes doesn't work. Rare, maybe once every three weeks. But if I actually insert the key it works. After that the PCC works fine again. Still haven't associated it with anything. I originally thought it was cell phone interference but no longer think that.

·
Registered
687 Posts
hmmm interesting mine has done this a couple times too. except i have a T6

·
Registered
780 Posts
Do you get a message like "Car key not found"?

Btw, I was curious, did you both get into the car having both of your PCCs with you?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I didn't order the keyless start on my Volvo because of the intermittent issues I've had with it on my Corvette. On that car, it can be very sensitive to fob placement. Sometimes having it in one pocket, rather than another one, will kill the system. All these systems use antennae placed in several spots around the car ... if your fob winds up in a blind spot it won't work. Other times I've had the car not recognize that I'm leaving the car with the fob, and it starts beeping.

The other issue can be weak batteries. I've cured intermittent operation by simply putting in fresh batteries. Of course, there's always the possibility of a software glitch, but that would be very difficult to diagnose.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
You could also be experiencing RFI (interference from other radio transmitters). Try moving your cell phones around or leaving them some distance from the car to see if that has any influcence.

IIRC, there was a thread about PCC fobs not working if an iPhone was in front of them.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
So far this has never happened to me.........

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can confirm that a cellphone can disturb or block the signals from the FOB. I have never experienced it when trying to start the car, but if i have the phone and the FOB in the same pocket, it could be problems when locking or unlocking the doors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts