SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried my google-foo and not finding results. My s60 has the keyless fob and when I first bought the car I would press the brake and a light touch to the start button and the car would jump to life :)
Car currently has 40800 miles and about 3 weeks ago I noticed the car wouldn't start right. When I press the brake and push the start button the starter would kick over for about 1/2 second and no start. If I press and hold the button the car starts just fine in about 2 +\- seconds.
So essentially the car starts normally but only if I hold the button till the starting cycle is complete otherwise it dies. I don't suspect a bad battery but who knows. I've got an appointment tomorrow to have it looked at while the oil is getting changed but thought I'd check here to see if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have. Ended up being the battery so naturally that would be my guess. If it does end up being the battery and with Volvo's new lifetime guarantee for parts and labor, I'd let them change it. You'll never have to pay for a replacement battery again for as long as you have your car.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
"Normal wear items"-- such as batteries--aren't included in that new guarantee IIRC.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The battery IS covered either by Safe and Secure or regular warranty. It is written in one of the booklets. I had mine replaced for free a few months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
...If it does end up being the battery and with Volvo's new lifetime guarantee for parts and labor, I'd let them change it. You'll never have to pay for a replacement battery again for as long as you have your car.
Lifetime guarantee on a battery?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
So essentially the car starts normally but only if I hold the button till the starting cycle is complete otherwise it dies.
Others have reported here what you experienced. I had a loaner that did this. Someone here mentioned that disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting restored proper start button behavior. There was also mention of a software update to address this.

See post 11
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-Button-not-working-properly&highlight=button

·
Registered
105 Posts
My bad. Sorry for the misinformation, OP. For some reason, I overlooked the battery as a wear and tear item. Glad you got it all squared away with your warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually the experience was far better than my first one with volvo.... after purchasing the car I took it in for a simple oil change... I had purchased the lifetime oil change program which I eventually talked them down to $400 on... They took 3 hours to do the oil change.

Today It was about 3 hours again but I knew going in that they would need to plug the diagnostic computer in to check the starting system and pull codes. The service manager was very helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts