SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night, my friend got in an accident in Gainsville, VA while in their 2012 S60 T5. His daughter was in passenger seat. An F-150 hit the passenger side going 60 MPH. They are both fine. Worst part is his daughter broke her wrist. He swears the car saved their lives. I am glad I influenced him to get a Volvo. He told me his next car is going to be a Volvo.

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
Thank god your friend and his daughter were in a Volvo - I would say they are very, very lucky.

·
Super Moderator
8,514 Posts
WOW!!! That's CRAZY! So glad they were in a Volvo and that they're ok!

·
Registered
564 Posts
WOW!!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone cant believe it. He got a Volvo because he really liked mine. Was about to help him do some mods. He may get a Polestar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,514 Posts
It seems lucky that the truck hit centered on the A pillar, partially forward of the passenger cab. If it would have hit square between the wheels, I would assume the damage would have been even more severe.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Wow. That's one horrific looking accident! A broken wrist can heal. Sounds trivial when looking at "What could have Happened".

FYI: I got a free tote bag from Volvo for my "Volvo Saved My Life" Story. Write Customer support and share the story + pictures.

My car T-Boned between 65-100MPH by an SUV. Family member was driving it at the time. Both occupants walked away from the crash.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. That's one horrific looking accident! A broken wrist can heal. Sounds trivial when looking at "What could have Happened".

FYI: I got a free tote bag from Volvo for my "Volvo Saved My Life" Story. Write Customer support and share the story + pictures.

My car T-Boned between 65-100MPH by an SUV. Family member was driving it at the time. Both occupants walked away from the crash.
He knows about it. Need to remind him. He just picked up a nice 2014 S60 T5.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for everyone wishing he and his family well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts