SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and have tried posting earlier and I don't think it worked.
I'm having an issue with my driver door not wanting to stay close, it will not latch close and I can manually move the latch with and without out door handle pulled.
Seeing if anyone may be able to help me out on this please and thank you

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Did you try, with the door open, to use a screw driver to simulate the latching action?
The screw driver will act like the metal piece on the door jamb.
Something similar happened to me when I was changing the rear door lock. It happened to be a rubber piece put in there for what I can only assume is for during shipping. I pulled it out and all worked well.
Good luck and let us know.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have and nothing, I have noticed that the inside door handle, when "playing" with it sounds like it's no longer attached or has broken.
I plan on taking it apart after work tomorrow to confirm this but thank you for the reply

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There is a YouTube video on replacing the lock. It will show you everything you need.
Check it out before starting if you've not seen it yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I watched the video but I'm stuck on getting the window out, I'm afraid of broking the clips.
Got any tips on what I'm doing wrong??

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Did you push both clips in?
It's important that you get the window to the correct height first.
I did the rear door which is a little different because it only has one clip, glass stays in the door (I just lift it up) and I had to figure out the right height.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it to the right height and was pushing left side and shattered the white plastic piece, I may just have to take it to the dealership before I screw it up worse 😶😶

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Unhooking the glass took me a long time because I was not sure what I was looking for. I watched that video closely a few times to see what to look for. Once I did that I was able to get it to the right height and push the right tab.
You don't want to do more damage otherwise you'll be looking at a new window regulator or whatever that mechanism is called.
Dealer quoted me around $500 for the job.
Cost me $176 and a few hours. At least I know how to do it now if it happens to another door.
Good luck and let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts