SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today, I listened to the entertainment system for the first time in a while.

While listening to my iPhone (directly connected via USB), there was to be a rapid skipping in the music. It sounded like a loose speaker wire that came and went in quick succession. It was seemingly random, but there was noticeable break ( on the order of milliseconds) in an otherwise steady stream of music.

Thinking I had a speaker that was dying, I tried to narrow it down, but altering the fade and balance didn't help. It followed each speaker. It likewise didn't disappear when I switched from stereo to surround mode.

Does anyone know how many amps are in a P3 with premium sound? If only one amp, that might the first place to start. But, if multiple amps are involved and all speakers are affected, then the problem would probably be upstream.

Alternatively, the issue could be with my iPhone or cable but I haven't read of any recent iPhone issues related to car audio. It works perfectly with my other cars. But, I suppose that trying the radio would be the first place to start.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:: Radio, CD and music via Bluetooth seem to work fine. But when I transition to my iPhone via USB the problem reappears.

Looks like I'm down to troubleshooting iOS devices or USB cables from here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts