SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Have question regarding the constant blue screen I've been getting for the past year or so with my backup camera - functions properly around 20% of the time these days. Took to Volvo dealer, feedback is that I need a new stability harness, something to that effect. They allegedly replaced the camera itself and billed by extended warranty through Acura (always feel like they're actively trying to rip me off, btw, as I bought car pre-owned from Acura dealer 5 years ago). Warranty would not cover the stability harness due to it being an aftermarket need...

Has anyone else had trouble with their backup cam? Is the harness absolutely necessary? Should I take my car to my old mechanic to see if they've actually replaced the old camera in the first place?

Feedback would be extremely helpful, really love and need the backup cam to work 100% of the time..

Thank you -

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi folks,

Have question regarding the constant blue screen I've been getting for the past year or so with my backup camera - functions properly around 20% of the time these days. Took to Volvo dealer, feedback is that I need a new stability harness, something to that effect. They allegedly replaced the camera itself and billed by extended warranty through Acura (always feel like
they're actively trying to rip me off, btw, as I bought car pre-owned from Acura dealer 5 years ago). Warranty would not cover the stability harness due to it being an aftermarket need...

Has anyone else had trouble with their backup cam? Is the harness absolutely necessary? Should I take my car to my old mechanic to see if they've actually replaced the old camera in the first place?

Feedback would be extremely helpful, really love and need the backup cam to work 100% of the time..

Thank you -
Bump

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with their rear view cam similar to mine? Please let me know.. new harness is $600 repair, would rather not spend that money if I did not have to..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts