SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pull the 20" Cratus wheels for my wife's daily commuting and go to a more touring size. The 2013s have 19s but I'm thinking either 17s or 18s for her. I'll save the 20s for the summer when the XC won't see the side of a school curb. :)

Does anyone happen to know the minimum size to clear the 2012 brakes? Our 2003 had 17" Neptunes Nokian WR2 all season tires and she was happy with that setup and the wheels never received curb rash. :thumbup:

thx

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
You should be fine with 17"s but why go so small? I would not go below 18".

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yannis. Ride comfort for her and reduced tire costs.

I'll test fit and see what clears the calipers. I'll probably end up with 18s. I'll search for picts of XCs with 18" graphite Pegs but I thought I read that 2010+ XC90s share the same hub diameter as the S60. If so, I may try a set of 18" Sleipner wheels I was planning to use on the next long-term vehicle.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I test fit a couple different wheels, and have since confirmed hub sizes:

20" - 2012 XC90 Cratus wheel - 67.1mm center bore
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
18" - 2012 S60 T6 Sleipner wheel - 63.4mm center bore
18" - 2005 V70R - Pegasus wheel - 65.1mm center bore
16" - 1998 V70 T5 - Perfo wheels - 65.1mm center bore

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Bumping an old thread, anyone aware of hubcentric rings to go from 63.4 wheel (P3) to 67.1 (P2 XC90)?

I'd bet Sleipners are strong enough for the beast. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Bumping an old thread, anyone aware of hubcentric rings to go from 63.4 wheel (P3) to 67.1 (P2 XC90)?

I'd bet Sleipners are strong enough for the beast. :)
Rings allow you to use wheels with a larger bore on a small hub. In fact, they are all but mandatory in such cases. E.g. I have a set to mount my ipd replica pegs (73.1mm bore) on my XC90 (67.1mm bore).

To use wheels with a 63.4mm bore, you would have to get the bore enlarged at a machine shop or custom wheel shop. It can indeed be done, depending on the wheel in question. Cost will vary depend on what's available in your region and quality of the work. The "Stanceworks" crowd frequently machine and redrill wheels, but then, they seem to be willing to spend $2000-$3000 on a set of wheels just to get a unique look.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Rings allow you to use wheels with a larger bore on a small hub. In fact, they are all but mandatory in such cases. E.g. I have a set to mount my ipd replica pegs (73.1mm bore) on my XC90 (67.1mm bore).

To use wheels with a 63.4mm bore, you would have to get the bore enlarged at a machine shop or custom wheel shop. It can indeed be done, depending on the wheel in question. Cost will vary depend on what's available in your region and quality of the work. The "Stanceworks" crowd frequently machine and redrill wheels, but then, they seem to be willing to spend $2000-$3000 on a set of wheels just to get a unique look.
Wow, what on earth was I thinking...thanks for the reality check on the bore.

Has anyone bored P3 wheels to fit P2?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Has anyone test fit the smaller 17" or 18" Cratus wheels found on the XC60, and other Volvo models onto the XC90? I'm a big fan of the simple design, but want to go with a more aggressive tread pattern and more tire between the wheel and the road, so the 20" Cratus isn't going to be an option. Should I assume that the bore is not going to work on these without modification (which I want to avoid)?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Has anyone test fit the smaller 17" or 18" Cratus wheels found on the XC60, and other Volvo models onto the XC90? I'm a big fan of the simple design, but want to go with a more aggressive tread pattern and more tire between the wheel and the road, so the 20" Cratus isn't going to be an option. Should I assume that the bore is not going to work on these without modification (which I want to avoid)?
The XC60 uses a 63.4mm centerbore, XC90 is 67.1mm I would advise against drilling the centerbore out from XC60 wheels to accommodate the XC90 centerbore

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has any one got detail on the offset for the 18" 19" and 20". I have 18" camulus on our 07 xc90 and I think they look rubbish from the rear they need to be at least 2" further out to fill the guards. Want larger rims to remedy this from latter models or is the suspension track just wider on the latter years

Anthony bossy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts