·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Sex

·
Registered
222 Posts
That car is really nice.

Is the color in your photos close to what you see in real life? I was thinking of ordering this color for mine -- but since I couldn't find one to see in the metal, I ordered Ice White. On my monitor, your car looks like it has a cream tint -- just a hint of yellow in the white. Is that what you see?

I also really like your all-black dash. We ordered the GB10 interior to get a black steering wheel and center console with tan seats. But the door panel inserts on your car and mine are the same...it's nice, ain't it?

Two things to get used to that I think are "misses" on the car. First, the auto door release and the gas cap release are easy to mistake. Just make sure you have room behind and above the rear hatch every time you fill up. Second, there's no auto light shutoff on my MY12 unless you leave the headlights on. That is, it's not an "automatic" sensing system in any position. In BMWs with Xenons, you can just leave the switch in the auto position and the system detects daylight and turns the lights off in the car when you leave. In the Volvo, if you have your parking lights on and forget to turn the off, you'll drain the battery.

Good luck!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
In real life Cosmic White looks like an ultra light grey/white, leaning almost to the grey side... and on these vehicles it looks positively awesome!
No yellow at all in it

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Very nice...certainly a distinctive color. IMO, the brightest area of the body around the grill shot is the best representation of the vehicle color. On my screen, the full shots show just a bit darker and more putty colored. It's one that changes a bit depending on the light source. Our Ice White C70 has a nice crisp look, but it's "just" white, while the Cosmic has more depth. To my eye, the Ice looks sportier, while the Cosmic looks 'prettier'.

Interesting, since the first R I saw was Cosmic white and one that we're considering(one I'm considering---DW isn't in the loop yet ;) ) is the R series in Ice White to match the C70(Saville is the other likely choice).

Beautiful vehicle Mr Rizzo...well done! I should think Mrs. Rizzo might have to hide the keys after you spend a little time with it! :)

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
In the Volvo, if you have your parking lights on and forget to turn the off, you'll drain the battery.

Good luck!
There is no reason to leave the light switch in that position unless you are parked by the side of a road, waiting for someone to come back to your car and you want to maintain some sort of visibility.

That is the beauty with the Volvos...you never have to touch your headlamp switch and you never have to worry about leaving your lights on after the car is turned off.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice! I wish Cosmic White was available on the S60RD

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
That is the beauty with the Volvos...you never have to touch your headlamp switch and you never have to worry about leaving your lights on after the car is turned off.
And then you borrow your neighbor's pick-up for a Home Depot run and forget to switch off the headlights. 30 mins later, deader than dead. Had DW bring the V70('04) for a jump and I didn't know where the battery was located! Dang! Fortunately, the pick-up battery 'recharged' after a bit and I gave it a try...just enough to start 'er up and drive my embarrassed self back home. :) I subsequently found the location of the V70 battery...in the daylight...at home!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Congratulations to the Rizzo's! The car is a beauty! We have the same color coming in the 2013 R-Design we ordered!It's like getting a preview!!! Happy motoring to you both!!!

Serg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome colour... Stunning car.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Nice pickup! Glad you got what you wanted!

·
Registered
113 Posts
:thumbup:Very Nice ...:thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the compliments everybody!

I took the car back in today to have the Nav installed. I got a C70 as a loaner!

I'll let you know how it goes...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thanks for all the compliments everybody!

I took the car back in today to have the Nav installed. I got a C70 as a loaner!

I'll let you know how it goes...

Hah! That 'loaner' could be trouble, depending on the weather!;) That's our combo...Xc60 workhorse and C70 fun-mobile. Makes for some interesting conversations about who's driving what! "Are you SURE you don't need the 'big' car today???":cool:

Hope you have some nice weather to enjoy it! We're back in the upper 90s today, so the 'vert' is topless only before lunch:thumbup: .

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
The owner of my dealership is driving one now.
I took a long look at it yesterday and my original statement stands, AWESOME in this color
It's just damn nice

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hah! That 'loaner' could be trouble, depending on the weather!;) That's our combo...Xc60 workhorse and C70 fun-mobile. Makes for some interesting conversations about who's driving what! "Are you SURE you don't need the 'big' car today???":cool:

Hope you have some nice weather to enjoy it! We're back in the upper 90s today, so the 'vert' is topless only before lunch:thumbup: .
It's only the high 80's in LA right now. Plus I take Pacific Coast Hwy to and from work. Perfect for Top Down Motoring. Mrs. Rizzo's ex-car was a Beetle 'vert.
The huge sunroof in the XC60 is no slouch either.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It's only the high 80's in LA right now. Plus I take Pacific Coast Hwy to and from work. Perfect for Top Down Motoring. Mrs. Rizzo's ex-car was a Beetle 'vert.
The huge sunroof in the XC60 is no slouch either.
Top down on the PCH...NOW we're talkin' !!!:thumbup: (I might have trouble actually MAKING it to work some days!);)

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Top down on the PCH...NOW we're talkin' !!!:thumbup: (I might have trouble actually MAKING it to work some days!);)
Vert or no vert, driving on the PCH is a treat no matter what!

8 out of 10 times, when I return home from work, I take the longer route home via PCH rather than drive on I-5 (which is not bad either); it is a treat to the senses! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts