SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Ferrari Challenge stops by my home town every spring and usually they bring more than just the current Challenge series cars. This year Ferrari brought a 2003 V10 F1 machine along with the 599xx program. During the morning program the F1 car broke the track record, yep the guy was pushing it hard.

Good god, seeing and hearing that V10 F1 was just AMAZING. This wasn't my first time seeing an F1 machine but it never ever ever gets old seeing one in action. Truly incredible!

Here are some pics, enjoy:

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

(Here he's doing about 160mph straight for my head :eek: )

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ferrari does nothing for me tbh. I like the FF and the 512. But that's about it.

Although that seems like a pretty awesome event.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Your problem.
I'm a charter member of the old Ferrari Owner's Club in Ca (first 100 members), and I have to tell you that (at least in the old days) these were just a bunch of regular guys (that just happened to be millionaires and now I suppose billionaires)!
Obviously the early club track days were much more leisurely and nowhere as serious as they are now.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice JRL, I'd love to pick your brain about those days as I'm sure you got some awesome stories.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Actually most are really nice guys...
The "attitudes" lay in the PCA.
The funny part is both (or rather all) of the club racers today are deadly serious and many are quite good drivers.
Of course there are always the one or two every weekend that ball up their cars for "lack of driving ability"!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course there are always the one or two every weekend that ball up their cars for "lack of driving ability"!
Funny you should say that, there was a very large pile of F430 Challenge Series body parts sitting in the pits. A couple drivers came up and where like, ya that was a hell of a shunt wasn't isn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts