SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used C70 model year 2012 about 3 months ago in SW Florida. Initially is was quiet. Lately all sorts of squeaks and rattles both with the top up or down.
Brought it to the dealer under factory warranty. There about 3 days and it was quiet again. Lasted about a week, now noises back. Primarily when top is up. Called back dealer and they said, just spray silicone on the seals, that's all we are going to do. Not sure why I need to spray silicone every week on a car that went for 45K. I ordered some of that Gummi Pflege, so maybe that will work and won't have to be applied as frequently? Anyone got any tips for this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bought a used C70 model year 2012 about 3 months ago in SW Florida. Initially is was quiet. Lately all sorts of squeaks and rattles both with the top up or down.
Brought it to the dealer under factory warranty. There about 3 days and it was quiet again. Lasted about a week, now noises back. Primarily when top is up. Called back dealer and they said, just spray silicone on the seals, that's all we are going to do. Not sure why I need to spray silicone every week on a car that went for 45K. I ordered some of that Gummi Pflege, so maybe that will work and won't have to be applied as frequently? Anyone got any tips for this?
I also have a 12. You bought the car used. Did you do a carfax on the car? It may have been abused before you got it. Does the car have the smart top module? Look it up on this forum. Is it certified? That should cover you if anything major happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts