SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...have a 2012 C70. The driver's side rear tail light LED array is very dim on only half of the array. From what I figure, this is a non-consumer serviceable part. Can't find any info online regarding it. Dealer says it's not covered under the certified pre-owned warranty. I find that hard to believe. In my head, this is part of the electrical system, not a true "bulb". Any advice? Planning on arguing it with Volvo Corporate. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey...have a 2012 C70. The driver's side rear tail light LED array is very dim on only half of the array. From what I figure, this is a non-consumer serviceable part. Can't find any info online regarding it. Dealer says it's not covered under the certified pre-owned warranty. I find that hard to believe. In my head, this is part of the electrical system, not a true "bulb". Any advice? Planning on arguing it with Volvo Corporate. Thanks.
If it's under 50,000 miles,it should still be covered under the original warranty. LEDs are not supposed to burn out. It sounds electrical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...as far as I'm concerned, it's not a bulb...it's an LED..LIGHT EMITTING DIODE...attached to a circuit board. Around 68k miles on the car now. Planning on contacting Volvo Corporate to see if they can be of help and set my dealer straight. The service rep originally told me it was working correctly...it was a problem with the tail light lens. Asked the actual service guy in the garage and he was like, "No..it's an LED and it's definitely defective."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Volvo Corporate agrees with me...LED array is covered under CPO warranty...waiting for the part to come in to get it replaced. Yay!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts