SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I've been having trouble with Bluetooth metadata and Android Pie. Every phone I've tried running Android 9 will no longer display the song titles when connected to my 2011 Volvo C70. This was not a problem for phones running Android Oreo or Nougat. Just curious if any one has a newer bluetooth version in their 2012 or 2013 C70 sees this problem. This is not an issue with iPhones as my son's brand new XR displayed song titles correctly when connected to my C70.

Under Bluetooth menu, there is a sub-menu "Car Bluetooth Info" that shows you the version info. My read 09.08_R. Does anyone have a newer version and does it work with Android Pie?

I found an older thread that shows a newer version exists for the 2012 C70:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?526066-Bluetooth-issues&p=6386434&viewfull=1#post6386434

The old thread shows a version 09.11_R exists. Not sure if a software upgrade will solve my problem with android. Curious if anyone has this version and has tried a newer android phone.

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just plug in the USB and use the Bluetooth for calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can't offer much on Android (I've never used it) but your issue sure sounds like something a software upgrade might address. FWIW, the BT software upgrade that I referenced in my thread (from Feb 2018) is still working just fine with my iPhone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't offer much on Android (I've never used it) but your issue sure sounds like something a software upgrade might address. FWIW, the BT software upgrade that I referenced in my thread (from Feb 2018) is still working just fine with my iPhone.
Thanks regtor. I likely upgrade the bluetooth software. Just need schedule it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts