SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my C30 is a Platinum Edition six speed R-Design. It came stock with the 18"x7.5" Midir 5 spoke alloy rims and Pirelli P-Zero Neros (215/45R 18). I've not been real impressed with the tires, and since I am nearing the end of tread life on them, I'm looking at upgrading my rims when I replace the tires.

As far as wheels go, I'm looking at a set of Enkei YS5s in 18"x8" in either Matte Black or Hyper Black (more of a gunmetal grey), since my car is the Metallic White that came that year (looks better than ever just basic white).

Regarding tires, since I'm moving from a 7.5" width to an 8" width, I think the 215s are gonna be a bit narrow. I was thinking more along the lines of either a set of 225/50R 18s or even 235/55R 18s in a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS06s. I'm not real sure of how the clearance on the inside of the wheel wells might change. The car still sits on factory suspension and has not been lowered, nor wil it be.

Thoughts or recommendations from anyone?????????

The next project will be to replace the factory calipers and rotors with a set of 336mm Brembo GT brakes.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Would love to see some pics of your car!

I would recommend a minimum of 225 (40 sidewall profile) wide tire on 8" wide wheels. For better curb rash protection, a 235/35- or 235/40 tire may be considered as well.

When you're ready for the 336mm Brembo GT brakes, drop us a line for a quote!

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
I'm running 245s on 18x8s, the grip is amazing. The gas mileage did drop a bit.

Even on stock 7.5" wide wheels, I wouldn't run anything narrower than 225.

Clearance issues will be entirely dependent upon your new wheels' offset and how low your car is.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wow...very nice.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I think a 50 or 55 sidewall would be close in terms of clearance to the bottom of the spring/strut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts