SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing postings referring to the 2011.5 model. As I recently ordered a 2012 model, which is currently in Baltimore as it inches its way to me, I was wondering if it is (or there will be) a 2012.5. In other words, will my new car have any tweaks that were not present in the XC60 T6 I test drove several weeks back? Hopefully, the two recent recalls have been addressed already in the production of my car.

·
Registered
808 Posts
No 2012.5 The 2011.5 was for the introduction of the Sensus infotainment system.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I doubt it given how recent the changes were. I would expect a mid-cycle update in 2014 if Volvo follows the lead of other automakers (assuming they will avoid the debacle of the last decade where they let their entire line grow stale). Mid-cycle updates often include exterior changes to things like bumpers, headlights, taillights, and a few other changes. Sometimes they include the introduction of new engines and even transmissions. As an example, we owned two BMW 5 series. That "style" ran from 1997-2003. In 2001, the mid-cycle refresh happened which included: New front bumpers, new headlights and taillights, new steering wheel, AND the 528i was replaced by TWO new engines in the 525i and 530i. Further the 5 speed transmission was introduced (r that could have been 2000, can't quite remember). All of this was on the same basic body style. They do this to keep sales up and look a bit more current in the final years of that body style (note: the update was enought that I only considered '01-'03 models when we bought ours used).

I would suspect Volvo could introduce an updated transmission (maybe an 8 speed) and a more efficient engine option (maybe the T5 5 cylinder or a turbo 4 cylinder) in their mid-cycle refresh to keep up with the other automakers (i.e. Audi Q5 with their 2.0 turbo/8 speed, and now BMW introducing the 2.0 turbo / 8 speed in the 2013 X3 which I think will be introduced this month).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts