SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Did you try moving the seat without sitting on it? all directions and buttons? The motor may be shot. Are you under a Volvo CPO warranty?

www.erievovo.com might have some used seat parts necessary to repair.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This doesn't sound like your exact issue, but I wanted to throw this out there in case others gravitate towards this thread for seat issues. When I first purchased my XC90 the #1 memory button on the side of the seat was smashed into the housing and stuck. It was preventing the other buttons from functioning (as well as forcing the retained seating position set in the key fob's memory every time I moved the seat in any other direction and got back into the vehicle to start it). Once I unseated the button and cleaned it up a bit, I was able to fully adjust and set a memory position using all three buttons once again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mechanic said to start by replacing the power seat control module due to the fact he can hear the relay clicking. Does this make any sence?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try unplugging connector for the seat control switch. It might reset, or at least clean contacts. Check tracks to make sure no pens, coins might be blocking travel of seat motor.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mechanic said to change control module. Dealer cost is 520.00. Ordered one from ebay used for 50.00. Waiting for it to get here.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If that doesn't work, I have driver seat that I can pull parts from for you.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts