SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We have a 2011 xc70 (Stella) with 35k miles. She makes a "whoop" sound when on and not driving. You can hear her idle and then whoop.......whoop. We thought it might happen when the brake pedal is depressed but it isn't after further investigation. It happens more when warm out (not when the car is warm from driving) Cold out cold start, silence. Warm out, cold start, noise. I believe it does this without moving from park to drive, but I can usually get it to make the noise after shifting from P to D or R. Also when we come to a light and stop, noise. Several times when stopped. Or once, or not at all. Frustrating. My service writer friend thought it might be the brake booster but i have not been able to find a similar noise on any youtube video. This is my 7th xc70 and 28th Volvo...never heard this before. Car seems fine and has had all services by age not miles. We think it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the engine. We are NOT mechanics, just Volvo LOVERS! My amazing Volvo mechanic has passed away and I feel absolutely lost taking it in to a new mechanic. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts