SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time changing brakes on XC60, discovered the electronic parking brake feature and the inability to reverse the pistons with a C clamp. With the calipers off I hit the parking brake lever in the car and they made noise but did not go in far enough. After searching on line I learned how to remove the electronic parking brake motor off the caliper and manually rewind the motor and the pistons retracted after that. I put it all back together and now I have the parking brake service light on and it says the parking brakes are not fully released. This is obviously a result of me hitting the parking brake lever with the calipers off, how can I reset the electronic parking brake? Or did I do something catastrophic to the motor?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After manually backing back the electronic parking brake and putting the calipers back on with the new pads I needed to manually push the electronic parking brake forward so that when I released the electronic parking brake the motor had room to back off. The light is out and I'm back in business. A bit confusing to explain, but feel free to comment back if further clarification is needed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info, might have to do this soon. So do you actually have to set the parking brake at all? Or can you just remove the calipers, retract the cylinders with a c-clamp or retraction tool, change the pads and reinstall, all without messing with the parking brake?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts