SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Teaser pic, plus I'm testing out my new ImageShack account. Going to close out PhotoBucket since I find it hard to deal with and IS seems much easier.

I really do want one of these cars though, in red of course to match the wife's S40 :) I bet they're harder to find than a snowflake on the sun though. Maybe as hard as finding a 2005 V70 T5 with the K24 motor. Either way, I'm on the hunt. Need to add a 4th car to the fleet in 6-8 months when I hand down the S80 to my 16 year old son.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
+1. I searched for months to no avail. Alas, I ended up with a C30 PLE. :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
how many of these were in the US for 2011? i think that the people who bought these new are still holding onto them because they still arent very old--- but more of them will come up for sale as time goes on i guess. whats are the differences between the 2011 and other years?

two years ago i had a hard time finding m66 pre-facelift s40's, now i see them everywhere with 100k miles or so.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1. I searched for months to no avail. Alas, I ended up with a C30 PLE. :)
Yep, I remember ... you were looking for a white one.

My daughter would love a C30. Maybe after she gets her degree and a job she can buy one for herself :D

We really need a wagon, having four sedans won't cut it. I looked at XC90's, don't want something that big, been there done that with minivans over the years. I would rather have the size of the P2 V70, but after 2005 only the 2.5T was available up to 2007. The 2.5T is a nice motor, although the rest of the car is pretty bland. The V50 has a lot more style, but is a compromise on size. If I got one it would have to be an R-Design or I could even go with a pre-facelift Dynamic with very low miles ... like this white one for sale in CA which I think is pretty hot:

http://www.cars4uonline.net/web/280...07-Volvo-V50-2.5L Turbo Low Miles-Super Clean!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how many of these were in the US for 2011? i think that the people who bought these new are still holding onto them because they still arent very old--- but more of them will come up for sale as time goes on i guess. whats are the differences between the 2011 and other years?

two years ago i had a hard time finding m66 pre-facelift s40's, now i see them everywhere with 100k miles or so.
Good question, especially for the RD's. I bet there weren't many, especially with our low market demand for wagons. Personally I'm a huge Volvo wagon fan, yet I find it puzzling why I have a driveway full of sedans, lol, ... dad always gets his toys last I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts