SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO over the past few weeks I have been getting the apparently often seen combination of ABS/DTSC, BLIS reduced function, City Safety messages... at first intermittently, but now pretty much every day on the first drive of the day I get a couple of grumbles out of the traction control followed shortly thereafter by the lights/warnings.... after the car is warmed up if I stop and restart it will run for a good while without coming back, although they all seem to light up when the car is fully loaded with passengers and luggage in the back...

Error combination is indicative of a failing ABS sensor, I believe, from my research... I have a new one ready to replace, but for the life of me cannot get the old one out... any hints tips or tricks for getting the darn thing out?

I've also recently developed a little bit of a lumpy idle... not much, but just the odd little stutter which is only really noticeable because it was so silky smooth previously... given the age and mileage I'm prepared to accept that this could be down to the plugs and/or coils or injectors, pretty sure all are due for replacement which I'd be OK to do except that on preliminary investigation I'm seeing gaps in the outer covering of the wiring to both the plugs and injectors, and even some tiny gaps in the insulation... not sure if it's rodent damage or gone brittle with age/climate exposure, but either way I'm scared to touch or move any of the wiring at all while it's still working and guess I'm looking at an engine harness replacement sooner than later... anyone got any idea how much labor would be involved in that... is it something I could do myself or do you need to take half the car apart to access all the connectors?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I solved the abs/traction control and what have you issues... my By ear diagnosis of a front left issue was wrong, a VIDA check showed it to be the rear left... upon removing the rear left wheel I saw the axle bolt sticking out about an inch and wiggling free... screwed it back in, torqued it up, put the back wheel back on and went for a drive... all warnings gone apart from the city safety service required: another Vida link up to reset that DTC and that’s gone now too.. severe smack on the head owed to the mechanic who replaced my rear wheel bearings a few days before the problem started.

Still no idea how I will get the ABS sensor out if I ever need to, and trying hard not to worry too much about my engine wiring harness for now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts