SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has seen my last 2 posts then you’ll know the whole story. Essientally was having intermittent AC issues, so replaced expansion valve and condenser to no avail. Finally said screw it and let an indie shop take care of it. Turns out the compressor clutch was dying, and there were small metal debris through different parts of the system (I know, I know, my ignorance is at fault).

Whole system was disassembled and flushed, and the compressor and clutch were both replaced. All was great for about 5 days, and then yesterday morning, cold air stopped blowing again. Hasn’t been back since. I vividly remember passing someone because I sped up to do so, and once I slowed back down I noticed my cold air was gone. It has not returned since.

Any ideas of what the issue could be now?

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
if you let it blow metal through the lines and that hasn't been properly flushed out then you may never see an end to the problem. after it was discovered that metal was in the lines the compressor, expansion valve, condenser all have to be replaced at the same time after the system is pulled down and completely flushed out.

·
Registered
505 Posts
umm....most condensers, and i did state this before, since the mid to late 80's from my knowledge...are multi row condensers. They are not flushable. You might get lucky and get it clean but chances are you will not. It's because you cannot isolate the individual rows and flush each row separately. .... however, I do not know how the condensers in these volvo's are constructed.
You have now entered the twilight zone , as I warned, of do- it - yourself auto a/ c repair. There are steps to follow as it is a process and if the do it yourselfer does not follow these steps, you can end up where you are. sorry....tried to tell you...
intel above is , well, pretty much correct. The new parts are now contaminated and there is no guarantee that flushing will work. There just isn't......so......back to square one.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts