SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know everyone has been asking about fog lights for the later cars and searching theough eBay Australia I came across item 110981281848. I think they are what everyone has been asking for but I haven't bought them so I don't know if they are any good but I wanted to share.

Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks. I am constantly intrigued by the lack of fogs issue, but is there supposed to be a link or more info? I googled that number and did not hit anything... thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
HI Mike

I too saw these on ebay but thought the asking price was a bit over the top. It would be nice to be able to source the LED modules and fit them to my existing R design covers.

Although I am starting to notice every man and his dog has DRLs on their car so maybe not having them is a master stroke by Volvo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Found them on ebay US by searching volvo DRL's about 12th thing down. If somebody installs them please post photos.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
what i'm worried about is the supposed 1:1 fit. Being on ebay, I have no idea what the return policy is like and it's from ebay Austrailia too.

If these actually fit well, at $226 USD, I probably would buy them.

There will have to be quite a bit of retrofitting for the parking sensors too. If this plastic is not hard enough or not PMMA I don't see this standing up to all the "mods" one would have to do.

I think the most devastating situation would be if you get them and one of the LEDs don't work. (again reiterating the whole unknown return policy)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am happy to buy a set and fit them to one of my cars and take photos for all to see but then I would want to sell them on again. If someone wants to buy them from me instead of eBay then let me know.

Only 1 of my XC60's is an 11 and all the others have foglights and my parents are going to have the 11 and don't want them.

I think they look good quality from the pictures but understand the reservations people have on them.

Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I am happy to buy a set and fit them to one of my cars and take photos for all to see but then I would want to sell them on again. If someone wants to buy them from me instead of eBay then let me know.

Only 1 of my XC60's is an 11 and all the others have foglights and my parents are going to have the 11 and don't want them.

I think they look good quality from the pictures but understand the reservations people have on them.

Regards,

Michael
Isn't it totally possible, you try it out and absolutely love it? The issue still is that at $226 quid it's really a large amount of money for 2 pieces of plastic and a LED bar in each.

I would totally buy them off you if they fit, but I also think it is absolutely ridiculous for you to take the risk and buy these.

I think this whole scenario just won't work out and no one will ever know if these fit! haha

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Volvo service centre and I might purchase a 2013 D5 if a few of my other cars sell so if no one takes them then I'm sure they will get used.

Cheers

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is reasonable? 100$ delivered.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i'd be down - but still!! how do we know it fits :(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll email them and ask. 1 box has 6 pieces or 3 sets and at $30 - $40 a set it is still cheaper than purchasing them through ebay.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can get 1 box of 3 pairs express posted to me for $130 a set so I think I will get them underway. I'll let everyone know of the success and photos of them.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
mmm this just got more interesting!

·
Registered
246 Posts
This looks nice. I can't wait to hear how it turns out. Pete

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Now that I officially have my R-design with me - I want these to work even more. Aesthetically I think having that strip will complete the look of the car greatly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
So Michael....... Any news on this???? I don't mean to "hurry you along" with this project but I am very interested as to how it turns out! Pete

1 - 20 of 21 Posts