SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get the bigger new symbol on an 05? Like a whole grille swap or w/e. Just wondering if theyre the same size or compatible

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Is there a way to get the bigger new symbol on an 05? Like a whole grille swap or w/e. Just wondering if theyre the same size or compatible
You have to swap the entire front end to fit the new grille, not sure about just the badge

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i think ViVA or IPD sells the newer style badge. i'm sure attaching it to your existing grille with some 3m double sided tape would be easy enough.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
So it is possible to fit a front bumper cover from an 08+ s40 on an 05!!!?!?!??!! What's needed?

·
Registered
839 Posts
AJ's done it, shoot him a pm, i'm sure he'd point you in the right direction
and if you decide to go that route..... just look at my sig

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
That's cerreaGT right?

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
That's cerreaGT right?
yes, check his progression thread

Crossie also did this with the V50.

You'll need to rewire the headlights because you'll need the newer headlight assemblies, but everything else should line up right.

Also, anyone with the new badge or grille for sale, I'll buy it!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would love to get an R-design front but hot damm that would be expensive! Can anybody list the exact parts needed or is it just the bumper cover, headlights & grille? A write-up would be good if anybody has one =)

Also seems as though I would need to get the dynamic trim for the skirts and back to make it look right....

http://blog.autoworld.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/r-design-s40a.jpg

edit: I just realized by looking at the parts catalogue you would also need all the little things like fog-light covers and such. Also not sure if you can re-use the old anchor style bolts.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I would love to get an R-design front but hot damm that would be expensive! Can anybody list the exact parts needed or is it just the bumper cover, headlights & grille? A write-up would be good if anybody has one =)

Also seems as though I would need to get the dynamic trim for the skirts and back to make it look right....

http://blog.autoworld.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/r-design-s40a.jpg

edit: I just realized by looking at the parts catalogue you would also need all the little things like fog-light covers and such. Also not sure if you can re-use the old anchor style bolts.

Has much as I'd like to I can't justify spending all this money just to give my car a face lift so instead I decided just to fall in love with the way it is :p . . . and I'm doing my own little customization (when I can find the time :facepalm:)

I'll get my new kick-look the next car around... seriously I think it's great for those who went for it but personally I'm not going to play that catching-up-game every time something new comes up. Lol, it's just too stressful . . . and truly it doesn't not make my car look bad. When I drive on the road I'm still quite proud of my little Volvo and the few things I did to it ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I've spent nearly the same amount for the facelifted front as I would have paid for a respray of the old one.
look in ebay for parts, I got mine relatively cheap (you'll need the front bumper cover, 2 headlights (xenon require rewiring, halogens are a straight fit) and if you want to do it right, the front air tunnel behind the fascia. I'm driving around without - the stock 04-07 one can also be cut to fit.)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Ya that's alot of work might as well just save up for a 08 S40 hsha but as stated for the peeps that did do it very nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts