SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on this right now. I have one Balder wheel in my Garage, just picked up another on on eBay last night. I like the look of them a little bit more than the Pegs.

Test fitted the one I have on the front and the back and they fit. A bit snug on the hub, but tightening down the lugs makes them straight.

My question is, I keep getting mixed answers. The hub bore on the V50 is 63.4 mm, however I've read the bore on the 11-13 S60 is 63.3 mm and 63.4 mm. Which is correct? If the answer is 63.3, can I force them on, or should I have them machined that .1 mm?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You'll be surprised how a little cleaning with a wire brush and/or sandpaper will help those fit better!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
the new focus St U.S. Spec cars also have that 63.3mm hub IIRC. people use the ST wheels all the time and they should not require machining.
its about 4/1000 of an inch. ~.003937" which happens to be almost the exact diameter of a human hair (according to a very unscientific google search i did 10 seconds ago)

"100 µm – 0.00394 inches.
100 µm – average diameter of a strand of human hair."

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay that good news. Thanks for all the replies guys!

The last two rims should arrive today. I took my time and I paid $150 for one wheel, $120 for another, and the last 2 I picked up for $140 each. All in perfect shape. I like to put a coat of wax on the wheels once a year. really does help keep the brake dust and dirt down/off the wheels.

I'm not putting them on just yet. My mech heard from2 different landscapers that we are supposed to get two more major snow storms in the Philly area. They were telling him about the January 22nd storm, when we got 2 feet in Philly, 2 weeks before any news or weather outlet predicted it :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts