SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This chump is stumped. Prepping for my 150K service on my 2010 XC70. I let the dealer do 90% of the work unless it is simple wrench or if the labor costs are painful. i.e. To replace the hatchback strucks was going to be super painful if the dealer did it but I found a YouTube video and successfully did it myself. Anyway, the dealer was going to change out the sparkplugs but it seemed like that was something I could do. So, I bought the Volvo plugs for $75 (6cyl) and went home to change them out. I was very methodical about removing and replacing and adding a tad of anti-seize grease to the new plugs. I put everything back in and it won't completely fire up. I tried adjust the tightness of the new plugs 3 times to no avail. So, then I thought I would put the old plugs in and see if that worked. nope. I was triple extra methodical in then putting the new plugs in again. It won't completely fire up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You sure each wire harness is snuggly plugged in? Did you have to disconnect a little ground wire possibly to get access to one of 10mm bolts? Did you pinch any wires (been there).

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
421 Posts
This smacks of introducing a continuity problem in the coil wiring. Inspect the coil wires for any cracks in the jacketing. When you removed the new plugs, did you inspect each pair of electrodes? The one that isn't firing looks pristine, the ones that are firing change surface color from the electrical arcing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts