SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Trading in my V50 and I'm looking at XC60's and I'm just puzzled by this two screen arrangement. I have an S80 also. I was wondering what the purpose of the lower screen is or whether it's just a compartment and I'm missing something. Anyone had issues with their 2010 3.2? Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I cannot see the pic, either. In any event, avoid a 2010 at all costs, even if you see a deal that looks to good to be true, keep walking! I'd also avoid the sluggish, and thirsty 3.2L as well. If you are talking about "2 screens", the 2010 has this generic little screen on top of the dashboard that read your radio station, cabin temp, radio volume, music from a CD, stick, iPod, etc. The other screen that is conveniently missing, and converted to a "compartment", most likely was for a backup camera/NAV screen, that was not actually equipped in the car. First year models are really experimental, the XC60 is no different. Poor mpg, poor batteries, the stupid little screen on top of the dashboard, and that "compartment"!

·
Registered
838 Posts
As per consumer reports, 2010 was not a good year for the XC60. Reliability was very poor. You should consider the 2013 model year, it has very good review.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The 2 screen setup was Volvo's old infotainment system and was used in 2010 and much of 2011 on the XC60. The new system (called Sensus) was introduced half way into the 2011 model year so when you research cars online you will see some 2011s with the old system and some with the new system. The new system is much more competitive against offerings from BMW and Audi. Future generations may look a bit like what we see in the new XC90.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As per consumer reports, 2010 was not a good year for the XC60. Reliability was very poor. You should consider the 2013 model year, it has very good review.
So yeah, I drove two of these today and they were alright. I'm now shifting sights to a 2011 T6 R-Design that I found a for a good deal. It's loaded, it has all the options. Going to see it and get it checked out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Funny, I had a 2010 T6 AWD and had little to no problems with it. Traded it with about 135k KMS. Worked flawless for me and my family.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My T6 2009 is great :)

The two screen set-up changed end of 2010 to one sensus screen.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just happened to get a '10 XC60 T6 as a loaner the other day while the wife's car was getting maintenance. The 2010 transmission was so much smoother than the very jerky 2013 version!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just happened to get a '10 XC60 T6 as a loaner the other day while the wife's car was getting maintenance. The 2010 transmission was so much smoother than the very jerky 2013 version!
That's because it slips! Not thrilled with the tranny in our 2011. Stop on a hill and see if the two both roll backwards when you release the brake.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Funny you mentioned this because once my 2015 rolls back about 3 feet it stalls....
That's because it slips! Not thrilled with the tranny in our 2011. Stop on a hill and see if the two both roll backwards when you release the brake.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just purchased a 2010 XC60 T6 with tech package. It was at an unbelievable price and my local credit union was able to provide 2% financing so I figured why not, I did a lot of work on my own on my XC90 so I figured I'd give it a shot. It had indications of a front-end collision (masking tape under the bumper, scratched paint, very far off alignment) but after inspecting it on a lift the repair looked like a high quality job. The accident wasn't on the carfax so I went for it.

Took it to a Firestone and had a lifetime alignment performed. Car drives straight and true and there were no issues getting it lined up and all the suspension components looked great.

No major issues. I've owned it for about 3 months now. When I first purchased it, none of the interior 12v plugs worked but I found a blown fuse and replaced it. Car only came with one PCC key without the emergency blade, so I had the dealership order me 2 pre-cut emergency keys and one more PCC.

When I got the keys in, I went for a total CAN and total IAM upgrade for the car to reload all of the computers with the latest software and also had them program the PCC. Total cost was ~$420 out the door for programming.

Only weird issue that pops up every once in a while is if I shift into reverse immediately right as I start the engine, the nav screen crashes and all I get is a black screen with no reverse camera and no nav. A power cycle of the car fixes the problem.

Other issue I have is the backup camera flickers when it's hot out. The harness is $80 and is a relatively easy DIY.

No other issues to speak of with the car. The T6 has ample torque. It isn't fast, but it is an adequate amount of power. The dual display doesn't bother me.

I still need to take care of a few issues with the car:

1. Brakes are shot. steering wheel vibrates when I slow down. I have new ceramic pads but I need to measure the rotors to see if I can skim them and put them back on.
2. Someone put ATF in the power steering. I need to clean it out and flush it and put Pentosin CHF back in it.
3. Broken upper motor mount. $70 and 10 minutes and I was able to change it out on my own in a parking lot.
4. iPod integration doesn't work well for my 2g iPod touch or iPod nano. Works well with iPhone 5S. I don't use or own an iPhone, so I put in a 8gb flash drive which works great.
5. Did a spark plug change, and all of the wire wrap for the wiring harness just crumbles and disintegrates because of the heat. Every modern Volvo I've seen does this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just purchased a 2010 XC60 T6 with tech package. It was at an unbelievable price and my local credit union was able to provide 2% financing so I figured why not, I did a lot of work on my own on my XC90 so I figured I'd give it a shot. It had indications of a front-end collision (masking tape under the bumper, scratched paint, very far off alignment) but after inspecting it on a lift the repair looked like a high quality job. The accident wasn't on the carfax so I went for it.

Took it to a Firestone and had a lifetime alignment performed. Car drives straight and true and there were no issues getting it lined up and all the suspension components looked great.

No major issues. I've owned it for about 3 months now. When I first purchased it, none of the interior 12v plugs worked but I found a blown fuse and replaced it. Car only came with one PCC key without the emergency blade, so I had the dealership order me 2 pre-cut emergency keys and one more PCC.

When I got the keys in, I went for a total CAN and total IAM upgrade for the car to reload all of the computers with the latest software and also had them program the PCC. Total cost was ~$420 out the door for programming.

Only weird issue that pops up every once in a while is if I shift into reverse immediately right as I start the engine, the nav screen crashes and all I get is a black screen with no reverse camera and no nav. A power cycle of the car fixes the problem.

Other issue I have is the backup camera flickers when it's hot out. The harness is $80 and is a relatively easy DIY.

No other issues to speak of with the car. The T6 has ample torque. It isn't fast, but it is an adequate amount of power. The dual display doesn't bother me.

I still need to take care of a few issues with the car:

1. Brakes are shot. steering wheel vibrates when I slow down. I have new ceramic pads but I need to measure the rotors to see if I can skim them and put them back on.
2. Someone put ATF in the power steering. I need to clean it out and flush it and put Pentosin CHF back in it.
3. Broken upper motor mount. $70 and 10 minutes and I was able to change it out on my own in a parking lot.
4. iPod integration doesn't work well for my 2g iPod touch or iPod nano. Works well with iPhone 5S. I don't use or own an iPhone, so I put in a 8gb flash drive which works great.
5. Did a spark plug change, and all of the wire wrap for the wiring harness just crumbles and disintegrates because of the heat. Every modern Volvo I've seen does this.
I'm having the same issue with the backup camera and my brake rotors are warped too, seems like deja vu. I bought mine blind and sent an inspector because it was such a great deal. Can you link me to the harness for the camera fix?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts