SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on this board before with this car. My 2010 XC60 was the victim of an oil consumption issue and we eventually got Volvo corporate to cover replacing O-rings, etc. (see my other posts) in early 2015 under good will. The car has very low mileage. The O-rings happens at 24k miles. 6 years later and just over 60k total, I got a "High Engine Temperature Turn Off Immediately" warning light as I pulled into a parking spot after driving about 3 miles between appointments. We called the dealer and had it towed. They've had it for almost a week and can't get the light to reappear, but they have been driving it and ran a hydrocarbon test and thin it may be a failing head gasket. Repair cost at the same dealer would be possibly 5-6k. The car has been maintained at regular intervals always by the same dealer since purchase and has low mileage. Should this be happening? They say that since they covered the O-Rings under warranty that the engine work has NO warranty. Do I fight Volvo corporate to cover this???

·
Registered
672 Posts
You either have hydrocarbons in the cooling system or you do not, there is no in between. The more common reason they overheat is the cooling fans or thermostat fails. Both can be intermittent faults and may not store any fault codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts