SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plugging in phone the other day, I discovered that the usb socket in the armrest is broken. A small black part inside the USB port broke off. Ugh.

The volvo part looks like its $90 and would entail disassembling a lot of the console. Anyone ever try a DIY re-solder of the end of a USB cable? Probably would entail the same amount of disassembly. Anyone every try to replace this? I can't seem to find instructions - but I am guessing the volvo part runs from the socket in the armrest and runs into the center console?

its either part 7,8, or 9

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Idk for this application. But you better get some .44 solder and fine flux, and a fine iron if you want to try to solder a new connector on. It can be done, but it's tough with very fine wires. Good luck! You'd probably have to take the harness out, strip the wire back, and solder it. Hopefully there is some slack for it. Also, use some shrink wrap to protect what you fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That part is Number 30775252, it's a simple and direct replacement for the old usb connector unit and costs less than 20.00 dollars. I had to do the repair myself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts