SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought a 2010 V50 T5 AWD R-Design yesterday, and it has the swiveling HID headlights. I noticed when driving it home last night the headlight beams are aimed pretty low and off to the left but the swiveling function does still work. I've tried searching for ways to adjust the beams but have only found information on adjusting the halogen lights. Any help with adjusting them will be appreciated, as it is its pretty hard to drive it at night without the highbeams on (which are aimed correctly).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If they are factory xenons with active bending lights, I thought the only way to adjust them were with VIDA. If you have the software, you can recalibrate them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are factory xenons with active bending lights, I thought the only way to adjust them were with VIDA. If you have the software, you can recalibrate them.
You're probably right and that's what I was figuring but between myself, my brother and my neighbor we haven't had a P1 Volvo with the HIDs so we weren't 100% sure. We'll hopefully have a VIDA system soon, do you know how to calibrate them within VIDA?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No, sorry. My car doesn't have that module, so I can't see the activations in VIDA for it.

You may be able to adjust manually using the diagram below. If those break off, you can adjust using a hex key.

I'm not sure how the ABL plays into the adjustment though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, sorry. My car doesn't have that module, so I can't see the activations in VIDA for it.

You may be able to adjust manually using the diagram below. If those break off, you can adjust using a hex key.

I'm not sure how the ABL plays into the adjustment though.

Saw that diagram at a gas station last night when looking into it. We took out the left headlight and only saw the right side one and now that I'm typing this out it may be the one I need but that could also be for a different light. I'll check it out again and report back later tonight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I got VIDA all setup now and when I go try to calibrate the HCM (headlight control module) I get an error saying "Front Position Sensor >4v" and found the front sensor by the right wheel is readying 4.47 to 4.48v. Pushing the car up and down on the corner doesn't change the voltage the sensor is putting out like the rear sensor does. I'm thinking the sensor failed but not sure, and now that I've tried to calibrate the lights my ABL doesn't work until I actually get them calibrated. Does anyone have any info on the front sensor, ways to troubleshoot, replace, etc?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You aren't going to get better troubleshooting than VIDA. Are there no fault trace steps listed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You aren't going to get better troubleshooting than VIDA. Are there no fault trace steps listed?
Well it's reading the sensor so VIDA doesn't see an issue per se. But when checking the voltage readout from that sensor it's stuck at 4.47. From my understanding the sensor voltage changes with different positions which is why I can see the rear sensor changing. So that error is basically saying the car isn't level so you can't calibrate it till it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts