SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently driving an 08 Audi A3 but we are planning for a 2nd kid. It's a tight squeeze in the front with a car seat.

So at my local dealership, they have a 2010 V70 R Design. I really like it but I want to get the low down on this model. Do the MY 2010 have any maintenance included in the warranty? How do these drive in the rain and snow?

It has 31k on it so I'm thinking that it will need brakes and tires soon...

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
985 Posts
We owned an 08 V70 for three years and loved it. If they still offered them for MY2012 we would probably have it over or XC70 T6. I loved the R-design version! Great all-around vehicle and perfect for a smallish family. Handling in the rain is good while in the snow is just ok with stock tires. If I were you, I'd pick up a set of winter performance rims/tires for Dec-Mar, then I'd say the FWD V70 wagon is quite adequate in the snow. My vote would be for a set of 17/18 inch Pegasus rims paired with Nokian WG2 or Vredestein winter trac extreme tires.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm at 2+ years and 27K miles with my V70 RD, and I love it...

I'm in the Northeast and it's great in the rain and okay in light snow with the stock Pirelli All Seasons. Snows would drastically improve it. Gas mileage is okay, I'm usually around 21 on a tank, and that's sitting in horrific traffic daily (I wish MPGs were better). Transmission is good, engine strength is good, but you won't win any hole shots off the line. Suspension is great, sportier than the base suspension, RD suspension is a great balance of comfort and sport. Seat comfort and backseat room is great. I've got a rear facing convertible car seat behind me and I still fit fine driving at 6'2". Cargo area is cavernous. I've had very little maintenance/service issues, all have subsided or been taken care of. Car originally came with 5 years/60K miles safe and sound which is bumper to bumper and factory maintenance included (that one will have that too). I would recommend the car to anyone, though I do wish I had the BiXenon headlights.

Cheers. If you scroll through this section of the forum, you'll find others who posted a similar question to yours and everyone's feedback.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm at 2+ years and 27K miles with my V70 RD, and I love it...

I'm in the Northeast and it's great in the rain and okay in light snow with the stock Pirelli All Seasons. Snows would drastically improve it. Gas mileage is okay, I'm usually around 21 on a tank, and that's sitting in horrific traffic daily (I wish MPGs were better). Transmission is good, engine strength is good, but you won't win any hole shots off the line. Suspension is great, sportier than the base suspension, RD suspension is a great balance of comfort and sport. Seat comfort and backseat room is great. I've got a rear facing convertible car seat behind me and I still fit fine driving at 6'2". Cargo area is cavernous. I've had very little maintenance/service issues, all have subsided or been taken care of. Car originally came with 5 years/60K miles safe and sound which is bumper to bumper and factory maintenance included (that one will have that too). I would recommend the car to anyone, though I do wish I had the BiXenon headlights.

Cheers. If you scroll through this section of the forum, you'll find others who posted a similar question to yours and everyone's feedback.
I concur with Toy Slacker's comments 100%. Great car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts