SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says... I have a transmission from a 2010 3.2 front wheel drive and was wondering if it'll work properly in a 2007 3.2 front wheel drive. If anyone knowledgeable about this is online, I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
They would both be tf80-sc 6 speed transmissions. Only thing you may want to keep from your original transmission would be the tcm.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I can speak to the 07 S80 V8.

The 2007 has a specific PN that was superseded with a new PN
the 2008-2010 has a different PN than that of the 2007, and that also was superseded with a new PN that's different than the new 2007 PN.

I installed the old 2008 PN into my 2007 and haven't had any issues at all. I do get a "shift up or slow down" when I floor it and it shifts from 2nd to 3rd, but only when it gets closer to the top of the rev limiter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to all who shared their knowledge. I posed the question because I'm having the valve body problems that are common to the 07' s80 resulting in hard shifts and flaring when the transmission gets hot. I have access to a 2010 transmission that I can install which will work out to be far less in cost vs installing a rebuilt or remanufactured transmission.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
A valve body will be less as you can replace it with out pulling the transmission. Access is relatively easy. Get an OEM one from Volvo about $1250

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A valve body will be less as you can replace it with out pulling the transmission. Access is relatively easy. Get an OEM one from Volvo about $1250
It depends. I was able to pick up my 2008 transmission for around $550 CAD. It had about 80k miles on it. At the same time I did the transmission swap, I did all the seals on the engine, plugs, the angle gear sleeve and the angle gear fluid. In total, I spent about $1130, including an alignment fluid, seals, etc...

I did the work myself over 6 days

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You helped me with the Valve Body, thanks again. It`s perfect. For someone who isn`t as talented as you a Valve Body would be the way to go. Takes a full day. I would have concerns buying a used transmission, but it worked out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts