SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in need of some help! Long story short, I have an 07 S40 2.4i, engine is gone, found a used engine out of a 2010 S40 2.4i for a decent price. Can I swap these out without any issues? Will I have any issues with the computer, sensors, or whatever else? Were there any design differences? Or will it work without any problems? The company says it will fit but I want to be 100% before I drop the money into this thing. My 07 has the engine code 38 in the VIN (B5244S4) and the 2010 has the same engine code in its VIN. Any help would be awesome. Thank you

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'm unable to "Swear on my mothers grave" but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Same engine code. Maybe some electronics have changed but you still have all your original ones if that turns out to be the case.
Let's say just for arguments sake that the '10 MAF only works with the '10 ECU. Simply transfer your old MAF to the new engine. Solved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it doesnt seem to have any differences but i could always swap mafs and things like you said. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.