SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 3.2 AWD demo arrived late yesterday and went through PDI today. I took the car to fuel it up and test it out.<p>Our demo route is about 7 miles, combined city and highway. Keep in mind, Washington is a PZEV state, so ours is the 225hp, PZEV edition. The "Smog Score" on the window sticker is 9 out of 10, 10 being the cleanest. There isn't a hybrind SUV that scores that high. I am EXTREMELY thrilled with the throttle response, acceleration as well as the engine note. This model doesn't seem as "Wheezy" as the 3.2 in the 2009 XC70/S80. The transmission programming is definitely geared toward fuel economy, but it accelerates nicely even while upshifting early. <p>Overall, I'm really happy about these changes. I wish the 3.2 had been launched this way. There were a few folks who drove the XC70 3.2 and found it too slow for their tastes. Especially those coming out of 2.5T models. I hope some of them will give the 3.2 another shot.<p>T

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: 2010 3.2 Impressions (T Schroeder)

T, even though your test drive was short, did you observe what the RPM were at 60mph and also can you comment on road noise at 60-70mph? I'd also like to hear about how the XC-60 FWD feels in crosswinds at cruising speeds (60-75mph).

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2010 3.2 Impressions (eagle2x)

Unfortunately I probably won't have the chance to drive a 3.2 FWD as we have a difficult time selling FWD SUVs in this part of the country, however, I did drive the 3.2 AWD to about 70mph and found that the noise was on par with the T6 AWD. The engine does sound different than the T6, but I don't think it's any louder. It's a beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest, so no wind either. I hope that helps some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts