SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the compressor in my wife's '09 V50 and will need to flush the system. I have shop air and a flush kit and the new compressor/drier/orifice tube are not installed yet. I just want to know which lines to flush and can't seem to find any info. I'm certain I can't be the only one to have done this on a V50 or similar Volvo. After the flush, I'll get everything installed and take it to a shop and have them pull a vacuum and charge it up. Any help or insight is much appreciated!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you certain that a flush is needed? Did your compressor seize up? Are there metal sparkles in the lines?
I'm asking these questions because the evaporator and condenser are both parallel flow, which means they are too restrictive to the flow of solvent. It is common practice to trash a parallel flow condenser when its condition is doubtful.
That leaves just the visible hoses in the engine compartment as candidates for a flush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.